safety-reports

Dangerous incident: Electric Shock

Summary: A contractor was re-gassing a light vehicle when he felt an electric shock from a 240-volt re-gassing machine. The contractor did not report the incident until the end of his shift, so the site was not preserved at the time of the incident and the exact time is unknown. On initial investigation, the re-gas machine tested correctly however, the extension lead was found to have damaged earth.
Recommendations to industry: Mine operators should review:

  • training and confirm that workers understand their obligations to report incidents at the time of the event.
  • electrical control plans to ensure that workers conduct quality pre-use checks to all equipment before it is used.



There are no comments

Add yours