Mine Safety & Health Conference
The 2019 USA Mine Safety & Health Conference will be held at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada, USA. The conference aims to:
- Promote best practices in safety and health in the mining industry.
- Foster a relationship for networking between industry and federal agencies.
- Foster a sustainable health and safety culture in the mining industry.
- Plan and execute yearly safety and health conference.
Year after year, participants have rated this conference as ONE of the best!
The program has been designed to appeal to the general mining community. In addition to mine safety professionals, the program is anticipated to also bring in production and management professionals – people who can make decisions on future equipment purchases, hiring of consultants and implementation of new company programs.
The Mine Safety and Health Conference is pleased to announce that the conference will be accepting applications for the 2019 Mine Safety and Health Awards in the following categories:
- Manager of the Year Award– The award is open to Plant/Mine Manager’s who have displayed outstanding safety practices in their operations.
- Safety Horizon Award– The award is open to professionals with 10 years or less in the safety field who are outstanding safety professionals among their peers.
- The Distinguished Safety Professional– The award is open to those who have given 10 years or more in the safety field and who have contributed to creating, enhancing and improving the safety culture overall.
- The Lifesaver Award– This award is for a person or group of persons who performed a life-saving action of person or persons in distress or whose actions were of honourable merit.
READ RELATED CONTENT