Annual Mining Emergency Response Competition 2021 (MERC)
November 25 – November 28
Experience the action that is the 11th Annual Mining Emergency Response Competition 2021 (MERC) by coming down to Langley Park, in the City of Perth, from Thursday 25 November – Sunday 28 November.
- Watch the teams as they complete challenges inspired by real life situation
- Understand what it takes to perform a successful rescue operation
- Interact with real-life equipment (extinguishers and fire hoses, emergency response trucks, etc)
- Test your skills in practice challenges
- Experience a day out with the family: no tablets, no TVs, just fun in the sun!
- Lots of delicious food options onsite
The 11th annual Mining Emergency Response Competition 2021 (MERC) is a not-for-profit event that provides world class emergency rescue training and skill building opportunities for volunteer mines rescue teams. Teams participate in a series of realistic scenarios covering all emergency response disciplines; road crash rescue, hazardous material response, vertical rescue, firefighting, confined space, emergency team readiness and first aid. The metropolitan location of the MERC is truly unique as it provides Perth based industry representatives, FIFO workers, mining families and the local community the opportunity to view, first-hand, the skills of mining response teams who help to ensure safe workplaces and communities in the event of emergency.
MERC provides an invaluable opportunity for mining and resource industry emergency response teams to test their skills in realistic scenarios performed under the pressure of competition.
For more information visit – www.themerc.com.au