- This event has passed.
Robotics and Automation in Mining Summit
February 26 - February 27
Glencore, Resolute Mining, Fortescue Metals Group, Mining3, Data61/CSIRO, Roy Hill, Oz Minerals, Global Mining Guidelines Group are just a handful of experts confirmed to speak at the inaugural Robotics & Automation in Mining Summit, taking place at The Westin, Perth on February 26-27 2020.
Automation is estimated to deliver $52 billion in value to the mining sector in 2030, lifting total value added by 58%*
Some of the agenda highlights include:
- Resolute Mining’s case study on the Syama Gold Mine – the world’s first fully automated mine in South Africa
- Glencore’s case study on longwall remote operations – data, tools and visualisation
- Fortescue Metals Group will discuss striving for operational excellence in a highly digitised landscape – tackling business models, culture, and balancing people and technology capabilities
- Roy Hill will cover the topic of decision automation – and capitalising on data derived and optimising your performance from pit to port
- Mining3 and Data61/CSIRO will explore capitalising on the role of the wider mining ecosystem to drive transformation, and bridging the gap between strategy and execution in automation
- Oz Minerals will take a deep dive into the topic: Digital transformation or cultural transformation?
Furthermore, Peter O’Loughlin, Senior Inspector of Mines from the Mines Safety Directorate, Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety has just confirmed as a new speaker to the program, presenting on the following topic: Mining regulation, technology and best practice in automation and robotics: What are the new safety requirements and what is the impact on mine design?
The event is designed for VPs, Senior Directors, Directors, General Managers, Managers, Superintendents and Coordinators in the following areas: Robotics, Automation, Deployment and Support, Practice lead, Mining strategy/innovation, Digital transformation, Technology transformation, Change management, Technical capability, Strategy and Planning, Functional safety, Head of Production, People and performance, and Process control.
Attend Robotics and Automation in Mining to:
- Future-proof your business; and ensure your operating model and strategy is applicable in an ever-changing technological landscape
- Get you up to speed with the latest in automation, and a perfect opportunity for information sharing and learning at the start of the year
- Make the most of the networking opportunities available – to develop and create those critical partnerships, essential for growth and innovation in the coming years.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join some of mining’s most inspiring and innovative brands coming together to learn, network and pioneer change through automation. Learn more about the summit and get the latest event updates here!
This event is brought to you by Mining Innovation Network in partnership with Energy Conference Network.
At Mining Innovation Network our mission is to be the leading advisor to the mining community, helping companies unlock their potential for growth by leveraging emerging technologies. Mining Innovation Network connects the buyers and sellers of technology; we bring innovators, disrupters and change agents together to discuss and demonstrate the technologies and strategies changing the way the world does business.
A key component of the network will be the delivery of research-led industry events; where participants will take part in discussions, learn from each other’s experiences and share best practices, identify needs, gaps and opportunities for cooperation, complemented by face-to-face meetings and networking opportunities. The goal of the Network is to build innovation through systematic sharing and resourcing of ideas between like-minded stakeholders.
Energy Conference Network focuses on delivering unique market intelligence and profitable business relationships through intensively researched and exemplarily delivered conferences. Over the past several years, Energy Conference Network has quickly become one of the largest and most respected independent oil and gas conference organizers in the world – organizing over a hundred events for thousands of energy executives and technology innovators.
Our global network of internal and external experts create and design each event to maximize the takeaways for each attendee – with the number of repeat delegates and sponsors a testament to the event outcomes.
Read more of the latest Mining Safety Conferences and Events