Originally established in 2011 Hexagon Incident Investigation Pty Ltd specialises in providing Work Health and Safety (WHS) training, and incident investigation services to the Australian mining industry. Major clients have included Glencore, Centennial Coal, BHP Billiton, Yancoal, Rio Tinto, Whitehaven Coal, New Hope Group and South 32.
Services provided include:
- Training mine management and supervisors in the Hexagon Investigation® system. Hexagon Investigation® is a WHS incident investigation system that utilises causal analysis tools based on the primary duty of care principles found in WHS legislation. The system applies practical investigation methodologies that allow supervisors and management to effectively investigate WHS incidents ranging from minor through to extremely serious. The training course has been specifically developed for the mining industry and extensively uses mining examples and case studies to improve learning outcomes.
- Training mine workforces in Fatal Mining Incidents, Major Hazards and Controls. This training is aimed at increasing the workforces’ knowledge of the types of behaviour, acts and omissions that can lead to serious incidents, and the controls that can be put in place to prevent these incidents from occurring. The training also includes an analysis of the circumstances and causes of relevant Australian fatal mining incidents.
- The investigation of serious mining incidents and fatalities to determine the circumstances and causes of the incident and assist clients in preventing the recurrence of similar incidents.
- Legally privileged defence investigations to assist clients and their legal teams to prepare for and conduct any legal proceedings that may result from a serious WHS incident.
The company’s Principal Consultant, Paul Hamson, is a qualified Lawyer and Coal Mine Manager with extensive practical experience in the area of Work Health and Safety including:
- Investigated serious mining incidents including fatalities, explosions and fires.
- Provided legal investigation services to clients in relation to prosecutions
- Managed the response to mining fatalities and other serious incidents
- Experienced in coronial and prosecution court proceedings
- Seventeen years with the NSW Government Mine Safety Branch in various roles including Senior Inspector of Coal and Metalliferous Mines, and Investigator (Mining/Legal)
- Fifteen years in operational and management roles in coal mines
- Examiner/Convenor NSW Mine Managers’ and Deputies’ Examination Panels
- Presenter at numerous mine safety conferences
- Police Officer with the NSW Police Force
Paul’s unique background and qualifications allow him to successfully interact with personnel at all levels of your organisation from senior management through to front-line workers and to provide a unique service specifically tailored for the mining industry.
Contact Paul Hamson on 0498 441 520 or email@example.com for further information.