Last year the mining industry was recognised with a Safe Work Award when Tian Oosthuizen, a senior mining engineer at Arrium Mining, won Best Individual Contribution to Workplace Health and Safety for his success in promoting a positive safety culture.
The awards recognise and reward South Australian businesses, organisations and individuals who are achieving outstanding work health and safety outcomes.
The Safe Work Award categories are:
- Best Work Health and Safety Management System
- Best Solution to an Identified Work Health and Safety Issue
- Best Work Health and Safety Practice/s in a Small Business
- Best Individual Contribution to Work Health and Safety
– an outstanding contribution by any worker with no direct responsibility for work
health and safety as part of their duties
– an outstanding contribution by a work health and safety manager or a person
with responsibility for this as part of their duties
– Health and Safety Representative of the year
For more information and to enter online visit safework.sa.gov.au/awards
The achievements of all finalists will be showcased and the winners announced at the Safe Work Awards 2014 Gala Dinner on 31 October.