NSW Mine Safety is seeking public comment on a new draft Code of Practice – Mechanical Engineering Control Plan.
The draft code explains how to prepare, implement and review a mechanical engineering control plan at a mine to manage the risks associated with the mechanical aspects of plant and structures.
Public submissions close on Wednesday 11 March 2015.
During the public consultation period, forums will be held to explain and discuss the code. If you are interested in attending any one of the following, please contact the person indicated for the session that may best suit you to register:
- Underground coal – Panthers Penrith, 12 February 2015, contact olivia.compton@trade.
- Quarries (held in conjunction with the Cement, Concrete & Aggregates Australia), Western Sydney, 13 February 2015 (tentative – venue and date to be confirmed), for the general public email@example.com.
- Surface coal – Singleton (venue and date to be confirmed), Wednesday 25 February 2015, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Metalliferous and surface mines – Cobar Bowling Club, 5 March 2015, contact jeff.glasson@trade.
The draft code can be viewed on NSW Mine Safety’s Public Consultation page.
Public comment will also be invited shortly on the following draft codes of practice:
- Electrical engineering control plan (similar consultative forums to the MECP code above will be held)
- Mine shafts and winding systems
If you would like to be advised when each code of practice is available for comment, subscribe to mine safety news.