Are you trying to find out the status of bushfires near your property, mine site or mining lease? The Australian bushfire map is an innovative tool is now available on the Australasian Mine Safety Journal Website. The tool lists bushfires burning across Australia.
The Australian Bushfire Map (interactive version below) has been developed to show bushfire hot spots across Australia. The Map uses aggregated data available from Government Sources and other geospatial satellite information. Data from Rural Fire Services including:
It includes data feeds from:
- Queensland Fire and Rescue Service
- New South Wales Rural Fire Service
- Australian Capital Territory Emergency Services Authority
- Victorian Country Fire Authority
- Tasmanian Fire Authority
- South Australia Country Fire Service
- West Australia Department of Fire & Emergency Services
- Northern Territory Fire and Rescue Service
- Sentinel Hotspots: Satellite thermal imaging from daily passes by MODIS
Australian Bushire Map
There are currently many bushfires burning across Australia. You can find the location of fires and any available information on the Australian Bushfire Map (below)?
You can contact your local rural fire service (links available on our website) or you can review the Australian Bushfire Map by clicking this link.
The information is updated as it comes to hand but we would always recommend checking with your local fire service or Google Crisis Maps for more information.
READ RELATED CONTENT
LATEST POSTS FROM MINE SAFETY JOURNAL
- Haul truck runs over light vehicle
- BHP work Christmas party that went horribly wrong
- Death at Bulga mine sparks an investigation by Regulator
- Two fatalities in two weeks at Great Panther
- Fifteen dead in China gas explosion
Acknowledgements: Fire Map provided by The Unorthodox Engineers
Read more Mining Safety News