Are you trying to find out the status of bushfires near your property, mine site or mining lease? The Australian bushfire map is an innovative tool is now available on the Australasian Mine Safety Journal Website. The tool lists bushfires burning across Australia.
The Australian Bushfire Map (interactive version below) has been developed to show bushfire hot spots across Australia. The Map uses aggregated data available from Government Sources and other geospatial satellite information. Data from Rural Fire Services including:
It includes data feeds from:
- Queensland Fire and Rescue Service
- New South Wales Rural Fire Service
- Australian Capital Territory Emergency Services Authority
- Victorian Country Fire Authority
- Tasmanian Fire Authority
- South Australia Country Fire Service
- West Australia Department of Fire & Emergency Services
- Northern Territory Fire and Rescue Service
- Sentinel Hotspots: Satellite thermal imaging from daily passes by MODIS
Australian Bushire Map
There are currently many bushfires burning across Australia. You can find the location of fires and any available information on the Australian Bushfire Map (below)?
You can contact your local rural fire service (links available on our website) or you can review the Australian Bushfire Map by clicking this link.
The information is updated as it comes to hand but we would always recommend checking with your local fire service or Google Crisis Maps for more information.
In our article on recovering from the effects (link on our site) of a bushfire, we have links to a range of organizations able to offer support.
READ RELATED CONTENT
LATEST POSTS FROM MINE SAFETY JOURNAL
- $26B mega project partners reach agreement
- Mining company accepts blame for failing to prevent crushed worker
- $83M funding secured for driverless truck expansion
- Employer sentenced after truck operator fatality struck
- $245M coal mining contract extended
Acknowledgements: Fire Map provided by The Unorthodox Engineers
Read more Mining Safety News