As part of safety month Safe Work Australia is hosting the first Australian Work Health and Safety Strategy Virtual Seminar Series (VSS)—a free online event aimed at those with an interest in work health and safety.
The VSS supports the Australian Work Health and Safety Strategy 2012-2022—the ten year framework for improvements in work health and safety—and its vision: healthy safe and productive working lives.
Each weekday in October the VSS will showcase some of the latest work health and safety thinking, developments, innovations and research by work health and safety regulators, experts, business leaders, and academics.
The themes for the VSS are:
• leadership and culture
• responsive and effective regulation
• agriculture and road freight transport industries, and
• small business.
Safe Work Australia encourages you to get involved and spread the word about the VSS and work health and safety. This can be done by:
• sending an all staff email or posting something on your intranet page (see the content attached)
• forwarding this information onto your contacts who might be interested in the VSS
• mentioning the VSS in your social media conversations using #virtualWHS, or
• requesting an information kit–containing a printable information sheet, poster and website button by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also register to receive updates for this free online event, information on the program and the keynote speakers, by filling out your details at www.swa.gov.au.
The details for the VSS will also be available through the Safe Work Australia Safety Month smart phone app which can be downloaded from the Apple App store or through Google Play by searching for “Safe Work Australia Safety Month”.
For more information on Safe Work Australia Month, the VSS or to download the draft program visit www.swa.gov.au.