Strata Worldwide is pleased to announce that the StrataConnect™ second-generation miner communicator (MC2) is now available for sale.
MC2 is an update to the industry-leading StrataConnect™ wireless system for underground communication, tracking, remote monitoring and control
The MC2 communication and tracking device operates on the underground StrataConnect™ wireless mesh network, formally known as Strata CommTrac.
Designed specifically for the harsh environments in the mining and tunneling industries, the Strata MC2 provides two-way text communications, real-time personnel location tracking and both critical alerts and response functions for workers. Its comprehensive physical redesign and enhancements were geared towards simplifying usability and expanding device functionality.
Modeled after today’s smartphones, the MC2 has a full, hard-button QWERTY keyboard, a large display screen with multiple character sizes, and an easy-to-navigate operating system.
Its features include one-on-one or group text messaging, the ability to access a full, automatically updating contact list and data storage for up to 500 messages. MC2 also provides critical alerts and response capabilities for workers in the event of an emergency.
Features of the new Strata Worldwide communication system
- Easy to read display with multiple character sizes;
- Full QWERTY keyboard and navigation keys;
- Multi-color indicators visible from every angle;
- Audible alarm that ensures the miner knows when a message has been received;
- Messages grouped by a conversation with room to store up to 500 messages;
- Clearly distinguishable emergency messages that allow the miner to easily respond with their condition;
- Find Miner function;
- Rechargeable battery that lasts through multiple shifts;
- Improved charging contacts and battery charger;
- Automatic updates of contact lists, firmware and timestamps when placed into charging dock.
Read more Mining Safety News