SPONSORED An innovative augmented reality (AR) solution reality solution can help technicians and operators solve problems fast and reduce risks.
Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, is pleased to announce the launch of EcoStruxure Augmented Operator Advisor, an innovative augmented reality software that superimposes real-time data and virtual objects onto electrical cabinets, machines, or other items of plant. Providing operators and technicians immediate access to relevant information.
The benefits of leveraging this state-of-the-art AR technology in the field or the plant include:
- Reduced downtime: Operators can open the electrical cabinet doors virtually
- Speed up operation and maintenance: Technicians can find information faster, with immediate access in the field to user manuals, instructions, diagrams, etc
- Reduce human errors: Locate the right equipment and guide operators step-by-step to complete maintenance procedures
“When employing traditional approaches, maintenance personnel spend 50% of their time during a maintenance call researching information required to fix the issue. Consequently, they devote only 50% of their time actually working on the equipment,” says Neil Smith – Vice President, Industry Pacific. “EcoStruxure Augmented Operator Advisor, an augmented reality system, gives engineers instant access to the information they seek.”
EcoStruxure Augmented Operator Advisor uses image recognition and tracking technology in a variety of environments including:
- In front of a machine: It offers immediate access to relevant information in the field in real time
- In front of an electrical cabinet: It can “open” electrical cabinet doors virtually
- Inside and outside an industrial site: It delivers simultaneous views of reality and data to mobile devices
Once engineered and deployed, the Ecostruxture Augmented Operator Advisor App can be downloaded on tablets and provide access to information like labels, process variables, SQL database, open documents, open electrical diagrams, open web pages, instructions, notes, and play videos.
By providing immediate availability to important and relevant information in the field, EcoStruxure Augmented Operator Advisor increases efficiency while reducing time and cost of operations and optimising maintenance.
Read more Mining Safety News