Dream about getting away from the heat and the dust? How does waking up to snow-covered trees and sweeping views across the alps sound for a seriously good escape this winter?
Mt Buller is Australia’s most accessible alpine resort and is a surprisingly easy 3-hour drive from Melbourne Airport. Hire a car and cruise up through wine country or let one of the regular coach services whisk you to the slopes while you kick back and take in the scenery. Leave in the morning and by lunch you’ll be carving turns and planning where to catch the sunset for après drinks!
Mt Buller is a mountain with something for everyone. You’ll find over 300 hectares of terrain to explore with runs ranging from mellow beginner trails to heart-pounding leg burners for the experts. When that mountain appetite kicks in there are over 40 restaurants and bars to choose from with everything from traditional Austrian fare and high-end dining to hearty pub-grub and family friendly pizza.When you are ready to fall into bed Mt Buller offers the most on-mountain accommodation of any resort in Australia and a picture-perfect alpine village nestled high up in the snowline.
Why Mt Buller –
- Kids Stay Free – in June and September up to 2 kids aged under 15 can stay FREE at many accommodation houses
- The Ski & Snowboard School is brilliant for kids aged as young as 3 years old with skilled and friendly instructors who make learning fun (and give parents a break)
- Get romantic and escape the everyday riding a chairlift, snuggling up fireside or with a long lunch while the snow drifts down outside
- Unwind with a soak at the child-free alpine spa and get a couples massage to ease those tired ski legs
For fun with friends
- Pack more into your weekend with skiing and boarding and live music all under lights during Twilight Sessions in July and August.
- Explore the slopes all day and party late into the night – the locals will join you for shots at the Kooroora (open until 3am)
Start planning your winter escape today at mtbuller.com.au