Safe Work Australia has invited feedback on the recommendations of the review of the model WHS laws
The model WHS laws were reviewed in 2018. The Review of the model WHS laws: Final report was released on February 2019 and includes 34 recommendations.
A Consultation Regulation Impact Statement (RIS) on these recommendations is open until 5 August. Submissions can be made online.
Safe Work Australia welcomes feedback and comments from all stakeholders who may be impacted by the recommendations.
READ RELATED CONTENT
We are particularly interested in feedback on the review recommendations that may have the greatest impact on workers, business and the community, including:
- introducing regulations dealing with psychosocial health
- new arrangements for health and safety representatives (HSR) and work groups in small businesses
- clarifying workplace entry of HSR assistants and WHS entry permit holders
- providing HSRs with choice of training course
- providing a process for resolving disputes about WHS issues
- including gross negligence as an element of the Category 1 offence, and
- introducing an industrial manslaughter offence.
Read more Mining Safety News