Safety Mate has launched their new Black Dog Stream EVO safety glasses to support the work of the Black Dog Institute
Did you know that 20% of Australians will experience symptoms of mental illness each year?
Safety Mate recognises the magnitude of the issues of mental health in the mining industry, so we’re reaching beyond our customers’ physical safety to support their mental safety too.
- Black Dog’s Institute’s current research shows 80% of Australian respondents are experiencing increased signs of mental distress as a result of COVID-19
- Every year, 1 in 5 Australians experiences a mental illness
- Mental illness affects 50% of all Australians over the course of their life
- 60% of Australians do not seek treatment
- 75% of mental health issues develop before the age of 25
- Suicide is the leading cause of death for 15-44 year olds.
- On average, over 1,200 Australians attempt to take their lives every week and 58 Australians die by suicide every week
- Maximum comfort and protection
- Tecton 400™ Anti-scratch and Anti-fog
- Soft, adjustable, anti-slip nose bridge
For every pair of Black Dog Stream EVO safety glasses sold, Safety Mate will donate $0.50 to the Black Dog Institute so they can continue their important work.
Choose the Black Dog Stream EVO safety glasses for your next order of safety glasses and know that you’re making a difference by supporting mental health initiatives in your community. Contact us for trial samples or to find a local distributor.