The world’s best welding helmet just got better. The new 3M Speedglas heavy-duty G5-01 has more adjustable features than ever, from the colour as seen through the welding filter, to the direction of the airflow and the level of coverage.
Based on extensive input from welders working at high amperages that need to grind frequently, the 3M Speedglas Heavy-Duty Welding Helmet G5-01 is created to be adaptable to an individual’s needs and situation.
Protection against radiation, sparks and spatter
- Designed for tough conditions.
- Slim design without compromising on heavy-duty coverage. Also offers expanded coverage options.
- Features easy to access controls which can be used while wearing the helmet and gloves.
Variable colour options in the dark-state
- Choose between natural, cool or warm tones for your dark-state. You determine which colour tone provides the best viewing contrast for your welds and the most comfort for your eyes.
- Minimise eye-strain with smoother dark to light filter transition using an intermediate shade.
- If an arc is not struck within 2 seconds the welding filters switches back to normal light shade to help minimise eye strain during extended tack welding applications.
Highest safety class for powered air (TH3) systems
- Connects to the 3M Adflo Powered Air Respirator to provide TH3-rated respiratory protection (NPF 500).
No compromises on comfort
- An innovative helmet duct system lets you direct the airflow to either your face, your visor, or a combination of both.
- Individualise your helmet comfort with different accessory configurations.
- Adjust the amount of air coming from the top outlet vs. the two side outlets, or choose a blend of both.
- Airflow adjustments can easily be made while wearing the helmet for continuous eye, face and respiratory protection.
Read more Mining Safety News
Original article appears here