AMSJ » Death at Bulga mine sparks an investigation by Regulator
LATEST NEWS

Death at Bulga mine sparks an investigation by Regulator

death of worker at bulga open cut is under investigation

The death of a mineworker at the Bulga Open Cut in the Hunter Valley has sparked an investigation by the NSW Resources regulator to determine if the death was work-related

At around 10 am on Friday 15 November a worker was reportedly found unconscious and unresponsive in the cabin of the rubber-tyred dozer he was operating.

NSW ambulance and the Bulga Emergency response team attended the scene but were unable to revive the worker.

READ RELATED

A Glencore spokesman said the operator was found around 10.20 am after failing to respond to radio contact.

In a statement, Glencore confirmed the worker’s death and said “We extend our sincere condolences to our employee’s family and friends and are putting in place support services to help them and our Bulga workforce.”

 In August last year, a worker suffered serious leg injuries during a nose-to-tail collision between two rear dump haul trucks. The injured worker was transported to the hospital for treatment.

bulga open cut incident

Read more Mining Safety News

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

AMSJ Summer 2020